Vacation Rental Cleaning
Owning a Vacation Rental Property is a business, and we can offer you peace of mind that your investment will be taken care of in-between guests. Experience the difference of having a 5-star rated company provide you with a professional level of service that makes you a 5-star rated property for cleaning. The award-winning company has been servicing Emmet County since 2013.
What do we clean?
Clean Entry Ways
- Touchpoints disinfected
- Clean door as needed, Inside / outside, weather permitting
Kitchen Maintenance Clean
- Cupboards and drawers cleaned exterior / Interior checked
- Pantry disposed of items
- Countertops and backsplash cleaned
- Sinks cleaned & disinfected, chrome shined
- Microwave cleaned inside and out
- Top of Refrigerator and range hood cleaned
- Stove and oven exterior cleaned, including inside of the oven
- Window over sink cleaned
- Baseboards dusted
- Floors vacuumed & mopped
- Large and small appliances inside/outside
- Refrigerator and freezer checked, wiped, and food disposed of food
- Stovetop and oven cleaned
- Hood range cleaned
- Dishwasher checked for dishes; exterior cleaned
- Microwaves cleaned the Interior and exterior
- Toaster, Mixers, and blenders general wipe down
- Coffee maker exterior, including drip tray and coffee pot, cleaned out. Grounds disposed of
- Light fixture dusted
- Table and chairs cleaned
- Cushions whisked and cleaned underneath
- The floor area mopped, and rug vacuumed
- Bathtub, shower, shower doors & tile walls cleaned and disinfected
- Sinks, backsplashes, and vanities cleaned & disinfected
- Mirrors & all chrome fixtures cleaned and shined
- Guest towels restocked
- Guest toiletries restocked
- Toilets cleaned & disinfected. Mildew chemically treated
- Floors washed/disinfected/carpet vacuumed
- Touchpoints and flat surfaces disinfected
- All beds used linens changes, and beds remade
- Closets, Dressers, nightstands, and under beds will be checked for items left by guests and reported back to you for further instructions. All items are brought and stored at our office for 30 days.
- Check lamps for burnt lightbulbs
- Vacuuming/mopping floors and inside closets
- Windows, window treatment, and sliding glass doors
- Windows spot cleaned; interior windowsills dusted
- Window treatments such as blinds and curtains dusted or vacuumed
- Sliding glass doors spot cleaned interior/ exterior weather permitting
Throughout the home
- Professional quality disinfectants and cleaners are used to clean the home
- Under-bed wood floors vacuumed or dust mopped
- High dusting of cobwebs, light fixtures, ceiling fans, return, and exhaust fans.
- Under readily accessible floors, we will dust mop under furniture
- Wall art and décor, picture frames, and glass dusted
- Furniture, woodwork, shelves, baseboards, and door frames dusted
- Windows spot cleaned, interior windowsills and ledges cleaned
- Sliding glass doors spot cleaned Interior. Exterior spot cleaned, weather permitting
- Wall décor dusted
- Tops of furniture dusted
- Clean light switch plates cleaned and touchpoints
- Blinds, window treatment, and valances dusted
- Fireplace exterior glass and mantel dusted
- Rugs rolled up during cleaning and replaced when floors are dry.
- Stairs vacuumed and mopped. Banister/railing cleaned
- Floors vacuumed, swept, and moped
- Wastebaskets relined
- Garbage’s collected and placed in a designated trash receptacle
- The overall appearance of the room left neat
- Lights webbed
- Grills courtesy wiped
- Patio Furniture whisked clean; damp cloth wiped as needed.
- Porch, decks, and patio broomed.
Services to look forward to:
Supply shipping: If you live out of town, no problem. You can ship items needed for your property right to our office, and we will deliver them the next time we clean.
Guest Shipping: If a guest leaves items behind, do not worry! We will assist in locating those items at home and get them shipped back to them.
Self-scheduling: We have a scheduling system that allows you to add in all your booking appointments for us to view. Everyone is always on the same page!
Appointment confirmation: Our system will message you 24 hours before your appointment with confirmation.
Online Bill Pay: After every appointment, you will receive an invoice for services.
Set Cleaning rates– No more surprise bills. In a situation where a rental left the proper
Professional Laundry Services: To ensure high quality of service, laundry that cannot be completed on-site is sent out to a local laundromat, Bayview Coin Laundry. You will have to set up this account, and it is billed directly to you. We always will do courtesy loads during the cleaning.
Laundry bags and information tags: We will order heavy-duty laundry bags and custom information tags to correspond with services at Bayview Coin Laundry. We have an excellent system for keeping everything organized and ready for service.
Trained and insured employees: Knowing that all the training required by the C.D.C. is taken care of on our end and not having to deal with “cleaning contractors” is worth it’s weight in gold.
Custom Property Care Plan: We will collaborate with you to get photos and details to make a custom property care plan to ensure guests have a wonderful time and deliver your vision.
Home Quality Inspections: On occasion, we will stop by during our staff cleaning and check on the home and report anything that needs additional attention.
Restocking services– Guest gifts and general home restocking services included.
- Guest Keys- Ensure keys are available for guests checking in
- Damages- Reporting noticeable damages back to you
- Supplies- Report when restock items are low
Guest gift: We will make sure guest gifts you have purchased are available for guests and paced in the designated area.
Guest books: We will make sure guest books are available for guests to use and paced where you would like them.
Requirements for our program:
Seasonal rental rentals 8-10 cleans per season
Double linens and towels are available for same-day turnover
Use an online scheduling system to upload appointments
Set check-in / out times 10A-4P or 11A-5P
What Don’t We Clean?
We have instructed our teams to leave certain items untouched such as items or areas containing any body fluids, excretions, or litter boxes. If your pet has an accident or vomits, it will be your responsibility to clean it up. Our teams are advised to clean around these areas. Seasonal insect infestation can also be a problem and may prevent us from thoroughly cleaning your home. If ants, termites, roaches, fleas, etc., are encountered, we will not clean or vacuum the area. We will leave you a note or call you regarding the problem. We do not clean inside curio cabinets. If you have other items you prefer that we do not clean nor handle, please call the office, and we will arrange to avoid these items due to the fragile nature of ceiling light fixtures and light globes. Our staff cannot climb higher than a 2-step stool, work outside your home, move furniture or electronics, lift objects over 20 pounds, prepare meals, provide any pet or children-related services, or empty diaper pails.
Will I always have the same cleaner?
We believe that it is especially important to always send the same team to clean your home and we will do everything in our control to make this possible. If a member of your team is absent, we will do our best to find the most suitable replacement. All our cleaners go through a background check and training to ensure that the quality of our work is always consistent.
Can I provide special instructions and projects?
Yes! In fact, we require it. Your preferences give us the structure we need to enhance your cleaning experience and ensure that you are completely pleased with your home’s level of clean. To be sure that your preferences are documented in your cleaning plan, we recommend that you call us before your first cleaning, Our friendly office staff will be happy email you a work order to fill out so we can put it in your file, so you do not have to repeat them every time we arrive for service.
What if I have to cancel?
Appointments cancelled without a minimum of 48 hours (2 days) notice will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
Same day of service cancellations PRIOR to arrival of cleaning crew will be charged 50% of your set rate. At the door service cancellations UPON arrival of cleaning crew will be charged 75% of your set rate.
Whatever the job, we’re here for you!
How do I pay for services?
SEND PAYMENTS TO -MAILING ADDRESS:
Harbor Shores Cleaning Company
300 W Mitchell St, Petoskey, MI 49770
We also now take credit cards, please call the office for more information about how to get started with this great opportunity.